Sunday, August 22

PSA for the Ladies

Being a Mary Kay Lady has taught me lots I never knew about taking care of my skin, and I hope that as I learn more I can pass along helpful tips to everyone else. Did you know that your skin care needs change with the seasons?

If you have a beauty consultant, you should schedule a check-in with her at least every six months, just to verify that you're using the correct products for your current needs. Skin tones can change enough from summer to winter that you may actually need different shades of foundation. You may want to use a different kind of foundation, or add a supplemental moisturizer in the winter if you spend a lot of time outside or in a very dry office. Consider asking for a demo of dual-use items like bronzers and highlighting creams that can speed up and simply your morning beauty routine if you expect to have rushed mornings or plan to do a lot of traveling in the near future.

If you prefer not to have a beauty consultant, that's okay too! Just take five minutes before school starts up again to go through your makeup drawer. Throw out items that are expired or that you no longer use. Do a streak test to make sure your foundation color is correct, and note of any problems or annoyances you find with you skin so that you can adjust your skin care regimen appropriately.

These are just a couple of things I've been doing personally that have helped me a lot, and I hope they help you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment