Friday, September 10

Soup & Crackers

In a continuation of my experiments into testing recipes for food you didn't know could be made at home (my pseudo-Ritz turned out fantastically last time), I decided to try making graham crackers.

I may live to regret that choice.

Nothing this easy and addicting can be good for my diet!

This isn't a great picture, but I made bite sized crackers with cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on top. So good!

Since the temperature dropped this week, I also baked off some barley corn bread (love that stuff) and tried a new soup - Butternut Apple.

I guess it's a good thing I didn't know beforehand that Eric doesn't like butternut squash! He opted not to tell me and let me try the soup anyway, and we're both very glad he did - it was so good! Thick and creamy like a bisque, but quick and easy. You can find the recipe here; I subbed canned (organic) butternut squash and you can use whatever kind of apples you have on hand. Equally good with or without the cream, by the way.

Also, for the coffee lovers out there, check out this link for the recipe and demo video for make-your-own Pumpkin Spice Lattes! (Seriously, Panera and Starbucks people, try it! You will save yourself untold amounts of money and calories!)

Is anyone else excited about fall food? :0)

1 comment: