Wednesday, September 29

Kitchen Endeavors

I tried something new today: homemade Chinese Plum Sauce. It turned out pretty well, and I think it will work beautifully in the recipes I have lined up to try that call for it. I think it would also work very well instead of a chutney on turkey sandwiches. I'm trying to broaden my horizons a little; does it show yet?



While the plum sauce was cooking down, I put a dent in the half bushel of apples I picked up this morning. The first batch of applesauce for the season is now simmering in the crock pot! If you haven't heard, this is a "vintage" year for apples - a smaller, earlier crop than usual but of very high quality. Bearing that in mind, I figured I'd better get started if I wanted to get enough applesauce and apple pie filling made to hold us over until next year!

Next up on the list is to make a mess of the kitchen... I mean make pasta! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment