Monday, May 14

Menu Idea Monday: Lemon Garlic Chicken

Crock pots are wonderful - there's great peace of mind in knowing throughout the day that a healthy, homemade dinner is already under way and will be ready when you walk in the door. As a bonus, they're an easy way to have hot meals in summer without turning on the oven.

The latest addition to my crock pot recipes collection is Lemon Garlic Chicken from the Six Sisters' Stuff blog.

(Gorgeous picture from original site, of course.)

Opinion:

This is a keeper! It had a very rich flavor and the different elements were impressively balanced (something often lacking in lemon recipes). I didn't find the cream cheese to add any value, and the sauce was rather thin at the end. In the future, I will omit the cream cheese entirely and thicken the sauce a smidge before serving.

My Modifications:

I diced the chicken instead of leaving it whole, which worked out well for serving over rice. I also subbed my favorite Organic Better Than Bouillon for the bouillon granules. As noted above, I plan to omit the cream cheese next time.

Dietary Mod Friendly?

This one is pretty much everybody friendly from the get-go!

No comments:

Post a Comment