Monday, May 21

Menu Idea Monday: Kitchen Tips

So, today is short and sweet but I read a couple things over the weekend that I had never heard before, but that seem to handy not to share.

Tip 1: If you have a food processor, coffee grinder, spice grinder, etc. (especially the grinders that can be hard to clean or that aren't supposed to be exposed to water) that you find is starting to accumulate oils or an off smell, there is a cheap, simple way to fix it: grind/pulse some white sugar or rice!

It will absorb the off odors and excess oil and leave your grinder fresh and clean.

Tip 2: If you buy a mortar & pestle, don't get a wooden one! Pay the extra to get stone - preferably marble. Wood is porous and will absorb volatile oils - not what you want!

I don't know how I managed to never see these tips before, but now I know. And so do you. You're welcome.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment