Saturday, June 26

Works in Progress

So, I took pictures of our CSA bounty this week... and then I lost them somehow. Sorry. I guess you'll have to take my word for the fact that it was great! Strawberries, raspberries, swiss chard, lots of lettuce and some radishes. We made a HUGE salad and I've got some strawberry rhubarb preserves started right now. Here you can see the pears I canned (with brown sugar syrup!) and the watermelon pickles.

I'm very lucky to have a handy husband. He was able to take the vacuum apart and figure out that the reason it abruptly stopped working was a ruined belt. Turns out you're supposed to replace it every six months... and we haven't replaced it in six years. So the new one is on order and hopefully we'll be back to working order soon!





I had a fantastic time yesterday hunting through the quilting store for fabrics to use in my first quilt! Class starts on Tuesday and I'm very excited! I needed two colors, each with three variations of light to dark, and one accent color. Debbie, the lady at the store, was phenominal in helping me make sure everything matched and complimented each other and the quilt design. Other than that, not much to tell. Today is a work-around-the-house day. More fun stuff soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment