Monday, June 21

Recipes Galore

I promised a few people recipes recently and, as I sat down to type them out, realized that some were already available online. So, in the interests of efficiency, I will post links to them here.

New things I tried (and liked):
Strawberry Preserves with Balsamic Vinegar
Barley Risotto

Recipes I promised people:
Brown Rice Flour Mix (for the brownies below)
Amazing Chicken Pot Pie

Okay, I can't for the life of me find this recipe online anywhere, so I'm going to break down and type it out. My understanding of copyright law is that if I give credit to the source and paraphrase the directions, it's okay to post, so here goes!

Gluten Free Brownies by Annalise Roberts in "Gluten Free Baking Classics"

2/3 cup Brown Rice Flour Mix (above)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
2 oz unsweetened chocolate
4 oz semisweet chocolate
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 lrg eggs
3/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 325*. Line 8 in. square pan with lightly greased foil. Combine flour mix, salt, baking powder, xanthan gum in small bowl. Set aside. Melt chocolate and butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Whisk in sugar and vanilla. (remove from heat) Whisk in eggs one at a time until smooth. Whisk in dry. Stir in nuts if using. Bake for about 45 min. Cool for 5 min before cutting.


I won't post the recipes for pickled pears or pickled peaches until after my initial batches have been tested, so that's it for today. Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment