Tuesday, June 28

Domesticity in Pictures

Between the rant-inducing news and the great posts everywhere else to share of late, I realized I've been completely failing to post any domestically related updates of my own! This is not, I assure you, because I have been slacking on the home front! This in an unimpressive picture of the very beautiful flowers my parents sent me for my birthday. Someone asked if I was worried about turning 30, but I'm pleased to report I have no qualms about this milestone. Life is good and I am blessed!


This is the awesome ice cream maker my husband surprised me with for my birthday. It's the perfect size and I'm very happy with it, although mastering delectable ice cream recipes is proving to be a matter of trial and error.

This is a very spoiled puppy. See that blue thing? It's a Kong brand squeaky toy. As indestructible as squeaky toys can possibly get. Which, if you own a bordie collie, means it's max life span is two hours. Seriously. I love to watch this dog ferociously attack squeaky toys, but I think I just have to give it up. If Kong only lasts two hours, there's just no hope.

Here's the adorable fabric I finally picked to make a quilt for a friend's new baby girl. We will not discuss how long it took to track down a satisfactory pattern and pleasing fabric for what is supposed to be a simple project. Lol.

Strawberry rhubarb pie filling, safely canned and waiting to become a fast, delectable dessert!

Ground beef, in the process of being canned compliments of my shiny new pressure canner! (I canned chicken as well, but couldn't get any pictures that didn't remind me of the weird aliens suspended in horror-movie science lab tubes.)

As you can see, I had two books with all my instructions laid out. It's a little intimidating to pressure can the first couple times when you know there's a chance of blowing up your kitchen if you don't do it right! Lol. On the bright side, I didn't break anything and it was much less stressful the second time through. I love that my tiny freezer isn't stuffed to the gills and that things like chicken can be lined up in neat jars on pantry shelves for easy access and inventory!

Last but not least, a couple good recipes to pass along:
Maple Slow Cooker Ribs
Panisse
Garlic & Brie Pizza

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment