Monday, September 19

Quick, Easy Cookies

We don't eat a lot of cookies around here. Partly because cookies lend themselves much more poorly to our low-sugar eating habits than other forms of dessert and partly because we already use copious amounts of butter and I cringe to sacrifice another whole stick to a single recipe.

Possibly the fact that cookies are addictive and don't last very long also plays a role...

Either way, I was craving something sweet a couple weeks ago but just wanted a little something. Not too sweet, not too much. So I scrounged around my kitchen and threw together some super-simple cinnamon cookies with two ingredients: phyllo dough and cinnamon sugar.

Just cut your phyllo into small sticks and lay them on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and pop in the oven for about 10 min at 400* (time may vary slightly depending on your oven). They get light, puffy and little crispy and the sugar topping makes them just sweet enough.

These worked out really well for me, and I think I'm going to tuck this 'recipe' (such as it is) away for future reference. I think it would be great to make for something fun like a high tea or as a last-minute option when something comes up.

(Note: my apologies to everyone eating GF. It appears there is no GF phyllo unless you make your own, which kind of kills the whole fast-and-easy aspect... which was the point. Sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment