Tuesday, April 12

Recipes!

Here are links to a handful of the yummy new things I've tried lately.

Spiced Chicken & Barley Stew with Sweet Potatoes and Spinach - sounds complicated, but is really easy and super yummy

Warm White Bean Salad with Garlic & Rosemary
- this was pretty good, but next time I'd skip the bread crumbs because they made the dish too dry. An easy, go-to side.

Butter Chicken - this smells amazing while cooking, was madly easy and tasted great! I served it with rice, but I think next time I'll make naan.

Dehydrating Eggs - this is on my list of things to try today! It's a tutorial on how to dehydrate your own eggs at home. This can be a huge money saver, and is a good way to store up a surplus of eggs if you have any for use later.

Autumn Sausage Casserole - this is ridiculously easy, very filling and delicious.

Falafal - I'd never tried this before, but it was super easy, dirt cheap and very yummy. I put in on homemade rolls and served with ketchup... since I accidentally OD'd on the garlic in the tatzaki and it was way too hot to eat! Lol.

Sin on a plate - okay, that's not actually what it's called. Homemade Butterscotch Pudding is the official title, but wow was it decadent! Serve layered with real whipped cream and you only need a little. So much easier than I thought, too! I may not be able to afford much shopping at William Sonoma, but I am a huge fan of their recipes!

If you've ever wondered how to make your own vinegar, there's a great tutorial here. I was quite disappointed to find out that its drastically cheaper to just buy it, but at least by tucking the instructions into my cookbook I feel like I could make my own if I needed to. :0)

If you happen to be on a first-name basis with the nice ladies at your local library (or would like to be), consider checking out the following great cookbooks too:

Southern Plate - comfort food at its best
WS New Flavors for Vegetables - a must have for anyone who likes farmer's markets!
The Bread Book - one of the best, certified by someone who could live on bread...
Bite Size - awesome party food!

Okay... time to go start prepping for dinner now... :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment