Monday, March 21

Thinking Spring

I dropped my beloved off at o'dark thirty squared this morning for a week of sucking rubber and charcoal (read: extended preparedness exercise). Not thrilled about that, but I am happy that he at least got time off yesterday and was able to get in some flight time in a friend's Piper Cherokee! Spring is rough on pilots, as the dense air and sunshine makes for perfect flying weather and they constantly itch to be in the sky, despite their other responsibilities.

It's supposed to be spring now, according to the calendar... but apparently Albany missed the memo. I woke up to snow this morning. Lol. But other people are thinking spring, and I found the cutest post over at Empowered Traditionalist on how to look cute while hiking!

(Picture borrowed from Christa's site - hop over and check it out for details!)

If you're anything like me, you find that hiking does not bring out your best self- presentation skills, to say the least. Milla Jovovich may be able to make dessert chic look amazing, but I have yet to master such a look (though personally I blame it on the fact that I'm not allowed to wear an arsenal the way she does).

Christa over at ET kindly put together some gorgeous but fully functional and surprisingly affordable hiking outfits to serve as demos for those of us who anticipate trekking in the woods with our boys this summer! I've taken notes and am now keeping my eyes peeled at consignment shops and sales to see if I can put together something decent to be seen in on our adventures this summer.

The only thing I can say I'm already set for regarding this summer's adventures is my makeup. Mary Kay's waterproof mascara is amazing, the tinted moisturizer that can be substituted for foundation has sunscreen already in it, and tinted lip balm gives me a hint of color in something I'd already have to carry anyway. Yeah!

(Incidentally, you cannot imagine how much I want to buy Arthas his own doggie hiking pack, though if I even considered the doggie Trex booties for him he'd revolt.)

Hope Spring is more evident wherever you are, and if it is please enjoy it a little extra for me!

1 comment:

  1. we woke up to snow too...I guess Canada also missed the memo...heres for hoping for sun tomorrow! miss you

    ReplyDelete