Monday, April 29

Menu Idea Monday: Panda Express Chow Mein

Photo and recipe from Favorite Family Recipes
Neither of us have ever eaten at a Panda Express, so I can't tell you whether this is even remotely close to the dish it is named after, but I can tell you it was awesome!

This recipe for Panda Express Chow Mein was fast, easy, cheap, healthy and delicious - that's a lot of great things in one dish!

I skipped the celery because I didn't have any, but otherwise made to spec. I used dry noodles from the "ethnic" isle at the grocery store, and they turned out great. I expect this to be a go-to dish this summer: as a one-dish skillet meal there is no piles of dishes to wash and no turning on the oven on hot days. There's also no rare, hard to find or expensive ingredients - yay!

I added diced pork when I made it for a full, slightly heartier dinner, but it would be great without any meat for a light lunch and would pair equally well with chicken or beef. Add in whatever you've got on hand and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment