Monday, April 8

Menu Idea Monday: Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa

Photo from All Recipes
It occurred to me last weekend that I have fallen into a bit of a rut in my menu writing. The last few weeks have been busy at work, and with long days and not much time I've leaned heavily on older, tried-and-true recipes I can whip off with little time or thought.

Since I had a few spare minutes this weekend, I thought I'd try to break out of the rut and get a few different things on the menu for the next couple weeks. I started with Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa.

Some people market this as a mac-and-cheese replacement. I don't personally believe you can replace mac-and-cheese with anything, but this quick, healthy and delicious recipe makes a great and simple side dish. Toss in some chicken or scrambled eggs and it would be a 20 minute one-dish meal!

I made this as directed, except that I used a combination of cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. It turned out great, and I will definitely be making it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment