Monday, October 22

Menu Idea Monday: Butternut Chicken Stew

Photo from Cookin Canuk
It wasn't until after I was married that I learned how to cook squash at all; it wasn't until this year that I knew you could do more than throw some stuffing in it and bake it.

Having been given several squash of different kinds this fall, I experimented with a few new things and quickly decided this recipe was a keeper: Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash and Quinoa.

Colorful, healthy, delicious and simple - this will be a Fall staple around here from now on! I recommend reading all the way through the instructions first - I have an aversion to cooking things, plating them off to the side and then adding them back in, so I switched things up a little. I roasted the chicken and squash in the oven first, then sauteed the onions and garlic and then threw everything in the pot together and called it good.

You can make this with rice or amaranth if you don't have quinoa - just adjust the cooking time accordingly and keep an eye on it as you may need some extra liquid.

No comments:

Post a Comment