Wednesday, January 11

One Down... Three to Go

My husband is very patient, but he's also willing to tell me things I don't necessarily want to hear... like the reality that I need to finish backing and binding the quilt tops I have stacked in the corner of my sewing space before I start any new ones.

I'm not talented enough (or properly equipped with my current sewing machine) to do any fancy quilting designs, so the finishing process is pretty boring and a reminder of all I have yet to learn. Not surprisingly, I tend to avoid it.


He's right of course, however; it must be done. Finishing a quilt so it can go into circulation or be gifted makes me feel accomplished and diminishes the guilt of letting it sit in the corner, so I've started to tackle my stack of UFQ's (un-finished quilts).

The first one is now done and crossed off the list! The Ruby, Pearl and Opal quilt from Moda Bakeshop made using all my pink scrap fabric. It turned out much cuter than I anticipated! (Please ignore the poor photography and the wrinkles. I just washed it and it's hung up to dry at the moment.)


My favorite part of this quilt is the backing fabric. It's a really fun pink plaid remnant someone gave me, and I had just enough to squeak out a backing for this quilt from it! (Not enough for binding though, hence the variegated edging.)

I have three more UFQ's to wrestle into completion before I pick a new project from my Quilts Patterns in Waiting list (currently tacked into a fabulous Pinterest Board here, if you're interested)!

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! And you must inform Eric that as long as the quilt top is completed then it's not a UFQ. It's just a naked quilt waiting for its covering. lol. With my cross stitch I can either finish it off into something, or keep it until I figure out what I want to do with it. I currently have two pieces on my refrigerator until I decide how I want to finish them off. lol

    ReplyDelete