Thursday, January 5

Celebration

This is last in my trio of challenges for this year, and perhaps the simplest: celebrate more.

I am a pretty happy person and quick to toss up prayers of thanks for blessings in my life. I'm always glad to hear good news in the life of a friend, and have never struggled with envy or anything like that.

I am also a type A personality. Success? Awesome! Good job - now let's swinging on that next project! I've always got multiple irons in the fire and my sights set on the next goal. There's nothing wrong with that; in fact, it's a trait God has given me to accomplish the tasks I'm given and to use as a blessing to others.

But did you know that the Bible actually tells us to celebrate? Not just toss up a quick prayer of thanks either - to take time to really share joy and success with one another? (Yeah, I didn't know that either.)

I don't know about you, but I think celebrating good times and happy events more often with the people I love sounds like a great way to Pygmalion the world around me and improve my Losada Line ratios! So this year, I will pause after saying a prayer of thanks and before jumping back into the game just to celebrate.

What are your favorite ways and reasons to celebrate?

1 comment:

  1. My favorite way to celebrate is by treating myself to a pedicure. If I've been through a particularly stressful period of time and have come through it in one piece, that's enough for me! Bring on the pampering! lol

    ReplyDelete