Tuesday, January 4

Orange Julius

I believe this came from the Cheaper and Better book I posted about previously. I finally tried it today, and it's fantastic! Like sunshine in a glass. Or a protein shake, without the nasty chemical aftertaste. Add it to your recipe book!

Orange Julius
2-3 oranges, peeled
1 egg
1/4 cup sugar (I used a tbsp of honey, but really didn't even need it)
1 tsp vanilla
6 ice cubes

Combine all in a blender and whirl until frothy. Drink immediately. (You can also add a splash of milk or cream for a creamsicle effect - so good!)

Editorial Note: I understand that some people are going to freak if you suggest they consume a raw egg. However, raw eggs from safe sources are excellent for detoxing the body and a good source of protein. Please don't let people who believe in the FDA tell you lies about your food. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. this looks so good! now I am really bummed my oranges didn't come with my order.

    found you through monday mania

    ReplyDelete