Tuesday, January 11

Curtains

If you ever need to buy curtains, go to Boscov's!! In recent months, I spent a ridiculous amount of time searching for and pricing curtains for our bedroom and living room.

Somehow, despite all my efforts to "thrift", search fabric stores for inexpensive fabric to make my own - anything - I kept running into walls. (Somehow this region seems to be immune to the fantastic thrifting possibilities and cheap fabric sources that are apparently abundant elsewhere. Being inspired by people like The Nester and Melissa @ The Inspired Room only gets you so far when your craigslist and local second hand shops neglect to cooperate by failing to provide useful starter material.)

(Note: the picture is clearly not my apartment, just a useful image borrowed for demonstration purposes.)

The curtains I thought were going to perfect (on sale at Penney's) not only didn't work at all but still racked up to more than I'd ever have expected to pay for curtains in my life. Obviously, that was a no-go.

Then I found Boscov's.

Whoo hoo! Panels for $10 a piece. Great quality sheers and panels - long enough to give that luxurious feel - all out on display to be seen, touched, mixed and matched. For less than what one room of curtains at Penney's, Wal-Mart or anywhere I could find online I was able to get exactly what I wanted for two rooms!

So if you live in a second-hand-shop challenged area like me, next time you're looking to update home decor - find a Boscov's!

No comments:

Post a Comment