Friday, May 14

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Playing in my head... A song I've heard a million times but that felt brand new when I heard it yesterday: Fingerprints of God

Touching my heart this week... a recent devotional on the amazing (In)Courage site - and another one.

I found... a fantastic quote by the great C.S. Lewis: “If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy , the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”

I am thankful for... the amazing faithfulness of God in unexpected places. (Although that sounds backwards to say - should God's unfailing faithfulness ever be unexpected?)

I had so much fun... visiting the Against the Grain Celiac Support Group in Jamestown last night and talking about food additives! What a blessing to get to share that time with them.

I am praying for.... the weather in Greenland to be decent enough for Eric to sleep in an ice trench at least once before he comes home. Yes, I know. It sounds like I'm indirectly praying for insurance money, but I swear it's what he wants to do and I like to see him happy. (Or in this case, hear him happy over a sat phone. Do I have an awesome or what?!)

I am reading... three books right now. Expect book reviews soon.

I need to... get cracking on my list of things to do! There's fun to be had, work to be done, and frisbees to be thrown for unloved furry companions.

No comments:

Post a Comment