Monday, April 12

Comments

I have to start this post by saying that I am honored that both JD Mann and Melanie Chitwood commented on my last post! What a totally unexpected and marvelous suprise! :0)

While we're on the subject of comments, I am giving my comment of the year award to "Nathan K" for his comment on the RisingUp online pilot's forum. Although I'm a pilot's wife, rather than a pilot myself, and new to the world of aviation, I have decided to jump into the age-old debate that causes (I am told) blood feuds in the flying world: Ruler of the sky = Pipers or Cessnas?


After flying in one of the the monsters pictured here - a Piper Arrow - for the first time this weekend, my mind is solidly made up - sign me up on the the Cessna side!!

In all the times my wonderful husband has taken me flying, I have never been airsick! Okay, I might have been green around the gills a couple times, but that's all. So last weekend, when Eric invited me to come along for his flying lesson, I was excited! I wasn't even concerned when the flight instructor forewarned me that we were going to stall the aircraft - I've never been afraid in any vehicle directed by Eric's sure hands.

I don't know what's wrong with that plane, but I was so horrifically airsick! It was awful. And, in case you're doubting, it's not me - it's definitely the plane! When Eric tried to take it up the next day (minus me), the radios shorted out! It's just possessed. *scowls*

That being the case, my newly created Comment of the Year Award goes to Nathan K. for his astute assessment of the many reasons why Cessnas are better than Pipers:

Nathen K
Are you people mad, how possibley can low wing be better, you get no view below which is more important, you have to walk over your wing to get out, if you slip you damage the plane, yourself, and look like a pleb. plus you don't need any fuel pump on a high wing, you can inspect the aileron bolts while standing, and on cessnas there is electric flaps not a handbrake style thing and TWO doors!!! Mister Cessna had a clue what he was doing, Mister piper had an epileptic fit with a glue gun in hand.

Now you know... and those of you who were 80's children with me are already aware that "knowing is half the battle!" :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment