Tuesday, February 2

Hellfire & Brimstone

I've been having interesting discussions recently with various people about the amazing things I'm finding in my Geneva Bible. I have to say, the Psalms were never great at holding my attention - until I read the original version! When it came to supplication for protection and requiring the wicked to see justice, David took his hellfire-and-brimstone seriously. I am enthralled, reading in rapt attention the power and specificity of prayer from the lips of a motivated man of God.

I made the mistake of perusing the news today, and immediately found a perfect case on which to practice my new-found praying skills: Rifqa Bary. This poor girl should have the full protection of the courts, child welfare system and her brothers/sisters in Christ. Instead, she is held in suspension - isolated and discouraged in foster care while her family and their expensive lawyers lie and scheme to get her back into their custody so they can extradite her to a muslim country where they can murder her for apostasy with approbation! (That's not hyperbole, it's proven fact. Read the article above for evidence.)

If, like me, you are of Puritan leanings, please pray God's hand moves in justice to scatter the plans being laid down by Rifqa's family, their mosque and their lawyers. If you prefer a more NIV translation of the Bible, then please pray for love, strength and hope for Rifqa. She's been given a tough road to walk, and needs encouragement. Please, pass her story along to everyone you can think of. She may have the spotlight right now, but she's far from alone in her situation. America is built on the freedom of religion, and if we don't stand up and put our feet down to make sure it stays that way we will be wasting the blood of all those who have gone before and sacrificed to make it that way.

Okay... off my soapbox now... but seriously, please pray...

No comments:

Post a Comment