Tuesday, February 16

Creative Journalling

I can't say I'm new to the idea of journalling as a spiritual endeavour, but I can definitely say that I am the old school type when it comes to tracking the tumbling rapids of my thoughts: grab some paper and a pen, and start writing! Although I keep photos, art and other things that touch the cord of beauty in my spirit, they are their own realm and not typically included in my journal.

Today's devotion over on (In)Courage was a beautiful tribute to people who are the opposite of me - the people who drew mind maps when they had to write college papers instead of writing an outline. The ones who can't have function without form, and who can't think unless they're creating.

It was such a blessing to me to read that post and be reminded that it's okay to hold up the daily incidentals that make up our lives as evidence of our hearts' work and worthy of being remembered. While I can't say I'll be changing my journalistic style any time soon, I'll tuck this post in the back of my heart for pondering. I have a feeling the truths wrapped up in it will show up in my life again. What's your journalling style?

No comments:

Post a Comment