Sunday, February 28

Goodbye...Hello!

In 2002, a good friend introduced me to Mother Bread. (Thank you Erin!) I was immediately hooked by her warmth, energy and high sugar content... if you ever had a cobblestone muffin (before they changed the recipe), you'll understand the attraction! In 2005, I cheerfully signed on to Mother Bread's team and dove into the world of bread, pastries and Panera Warmth. For four years, I was blessed to work with the wonderful people of Panera. I learned more about managing people, numbers and and the chaos of retail food service than anyone could ever teach in a classroom. I became a Serve Safe instructor and developed confidence and conflict management skills. But life changes, the circumstances and people around us swirling and eddying in unpredictable currents. Changes in me and my life finally prompted me this past week to say my goodbyes to Mother Bread. I am thankful for everything I learned and all the skills and good memories I will take with me.

As is always true, when one door closes another opens. As I say goodbye to Panera, I step eagerly into the next chapter of my life - one that will draw on everything I learned before and challenge me in new ways. Saying hello to Mary Kay is a whole new world for me - the girl who never had time for make up or primping - but one that fits perfectly where I am and where my priorities lie right now. Once again, I've been blessed to find myself surrounded by support and encouragement from wonderful and talented people. I look forward to this journey and am delighted to wake up in the morning challenged and ready to go! I'll keep you posted, and appreciate your prayers and words of wisdom as I jump into this new role with enthusiasm and optimism. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment