Friday, December 18

Free Therapy

After working with people all day, I sometimes come home and seriously consider barricading myself away from the rest of the world. When your day has been full of the obnoxious, ludicrous, tedious or just general madness, where do you turn for relief, release and restored balance?

I personally turn to free therapy - online catalogues of proof that there are other sane people in the world as appalled and entertained as I am by the catastrophies that are our fellow human beings. If you have not checked out People of WalMart, you absolutely must - now.

Another fantastic option (especially for the observant or detail oriented) is PhotoShopDisasters. This one is new to me, but I literally laughed until I cried. (August 09 has my favorites so far.)

If you're like me and feel a tad bit guilty about spending time on entertainment, remember what the philosophers and poets say: "No mind is thoroughly well organized that is deficient in a sense of humor." (Samuel Taylor Coleridge)

No comments:

Post a Comment