Wednesday, December 16

Dust in the Wind

Yesterday was the final walk-through and turning in of keys for our Albany apartment. (All the pictures we have are on the camera that headed to The Ice with Eric, so we're using a floorplan pic instead - sorry.)

I couldn't help but think how much promise that apartment held when we first saw this simple picture online. How little of that promise actually unfolded!

Our time in Albany definitely caused us to grow - individually and as a couple. I can see already things that God taught us because he knew we would need to know them now.

That said, I am incredibly grateful that our time there has drawn to a close. It was a very hard two years; not in the prosiac man-against-the-world kind of hard either. Just ugly, drudging-through-the-desert kind of hard. I am thankful for the kindnesses of the people God sent to help us along the way, and for a puppy who never failed to lavish us with love and encouragement. I am blessed to have a wise husband whose determination saw us through to a respectable, clear-conscious parting from the area when I would have just told them all where to go and how.

With that chapter of our life closed, I turn my eyes this morning eagerly ahead. I don't know what the new year will bring, but I am praying and believing for good things and fresh joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment