Tuesday, December 29

48 Hours

After surviving the carnage that was Christmas week and unearthing myself from the chores and projects left undone while holiday preparations took priority, I looked at my calendar this morning to realize that we are 48 hours from the end of the year. (Well, technically 62 hours at this point, but my husband doesn't keep me for my math skills.)

Usually I have a list of New Year's Resolutions. I can't help it. I'm a type A personality and lists just come with the territory. Being a good business major, I always make sure they're clearly measureable as well. I know... in print, I look really OCD.

Somewhere in this past year I experienced a paradigm shift. For 2010, I will not impose on myself arbitrary standards or delusions of control. Instead, I am choosing to accept that I cannot foresee what this year will bring and to welcome that mystery. In the tumult of 2009, God has proven Himself faithful in every step. He has promised to do the same in 2010. So my promise, going forward, is to take each step one at a time with patience and the expectation of good things.

Remind me of that mid-year when you find me in melt-down mode, will you? :0)

1 comment: