Wednesday, December 16

Fluffing

Did you ever write an essay in school, only to find that after you'd completed it you were drastically short of the required length? It could be a perfect paper - flawless grammer, good vocabulary, concise and reasonable arguements... just not long enough. So you fluffed, right? Adjusted the margins, enlarged the font half a size, hopped online for some related (if unneccesary) quotes, etc. Then you stood back and prayed it would be long enough. I knew kids did this with essays, but I can honestly say I've never seen it blatantly done with a book.

Until now.

I picked up Ecological Intelligence at the library as an audio book, hoping it would make the drive back from Albany go faster. It's tag line "How Knowing the Hidden Impacts of What We Buy Can Change Everything" sounded like a lot of the food books I've known and loved. The first chapter was excellent. After that, we reverted to eigth grade got-to-meet-the-word-limit syndrome. I plan to finish it anyway - with the author's dilligent thesaus usage I should at least learn some new vocab words!

No comments:

Post a Comment