Sunday, February 27

Cooking Again

I have a tendency to stop planning and cooking real, balanced meals when my handsome husband is away. Cereal for dinner? When it's just Arthas and me, sure. Why not?

But now that my Prince has returned, I'm quickly falling back into more constructive habits... and that means new recipes!

From Pioneer Woman Cooks - The Marlboro Man Sandwich! Seriously, follow the link and try this - it's fantastic!From The Cast Iron Skillet Cookbook - Brown Sugar Coffee Cake. (I used about a quarter of the recommended sugar in the cake itself, doubled the streusel but used half the recommended sugar and had excellent results.) You don't have to use a skillet for this - you can use any appropriately sized baking dish, just keep an eye out because the cooking time may differ.
Note: These are not my pictures, and I have not copied the recipes over here in hopes that you'll visit the talented people who made these delicious items and scrumptious pictures available for me to borrow. Both recipes and full instructions are available at the sited links. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment