Monday, July 2

Menu Idea Monday: Samosas

Yummy picture from Deli Cooks, of course.
Being a huge fan of empanadas and toasted ravioli, I knew as soon as I saw the picture that I'd have to try my hand at making samosas. The recipe I used was from the Deli Cooks blog.

The verdict?

I can't say these were quick to make because you have to boil the potatoes and allow them to cool, but active prep time was minimal.

The end result was healthy, delicious and snack-able! Other than the crust, these are entirely allergen free which is great news since the crust is to swap out for other things!

I subbed wonton wrappers that I happened to have on hand instead of the empanada dough (which is essentially pie crust), but you could sub any variation on pie crust, pasta dough or wrapper that fits your diet with no problem - making this an everybody friendly recipe!

The taste reminded me of potato pancakes, but these were a lot neater to make and cooked up correctly (which latkes so rarely seem to do for me). No need to fry them - grease the bottom of a baking dish with oil, line up your samosas, drizzle with a little oil and bake until golden and crispy! Flip halfway through for best results and plan on 10 to 15 minutes cook time depending on how big you made them.

These are a keeper, and I expect they'll make a great pairing with any number of dipping sauces the next time I need appetizers!

No comments:

Post a Comment