Monday, June 11

My Friend Wrote a Musical!

A friend of mine commented earlier this year that it's kind of amazing to see old friends that we've known since middle school and who/what we all turned out to be. Boasts of big dreams and smashing success have been reshaped, traded in for dreams we couldn't even imagine at the time.

That is what came to mind when I got an email from another friend this past weekend (links added by me):

I just wanted to send out a shameless plug for my show, The Eulogy, next weekend. 

The Finger Lakes Musical Theatre Festival (associated w/ the Merry Go Round Playhouse) in Auburn has created a stage dedicated to, 'pitching,' new works.  My original musical has been chosen to be one of two shows to present opening weekend.  The Pitch is a 45-50 minute presentation of a new musical, kinda like an extended movie trailer.  The Eulogy specifically deals with my faith and the memory of my grandfather.   I would love to see you guys there!

How cool is it that someone I have been friends with since middle school wrote a musical that is actually getting produced and featured at a theater festival?!

She's brilliant and funny and wonderful, and I am certain her work will be a tremendous success. If you're going to be in the area next week, I encourage you to check it out!



Eulogy

Book by: Rachel Carrozziere
Music and Lyrics by: Annie Lash

No comments:

Post a Comment