Thursday, December 28

How To Troll People Who Tell You Your Marriage Won't Last

This was beautiful and I just had to share because there are SO many people who simply refuse to believe it is possible to remain happily married. I can't tell you how many people I know in my generation who have taken (and continue to take!) a ridiculous amount of flak for being solidly, stably married and happy about it.

I tell my husband all the time that I wish I could brag on him more than I already do without it somehow making a big chunk of the other girls/women around me miserable or making them feel bad about themselves.

So I was extremely gratified to find this example of a high-profile couple (Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prince, Jr.) proudly holding their own in lock-step with the rest of us who realize that it IS possible and NOT something to apologize for or feel self-conscious about.

Are you happily married? Go kiss your spouse! And the next time someone bitches about how awful and patriarchically/femistly oppressive marriage is, etc., smile sweetly and troll them to their face by point out how long you've been making it work and loving it! 

(Original here, because I know the pic is hard to read.)

No comments:

Post a Comment