Thursday, September 3

Kettle Corn Sweet Potatoes & Maple Bacon Beets

Beets have been on my list of things to learn how to cook for months, and I finally made the leap with Maple Bacon Glazed Beets from Primally Inspired. The result was unexpected but such a keeper! 

It went especially well with grilled chicken and the other new recipe I tried this week: Kettle Corn Grilled Sweet Potatoes. These looked, smelled, and tasted amazing, took only minutes to prep! Tip: they aren't sweet, as I'd expected from the name. The red pepper flakes give them a bit of a kick, but it's just the right amount to be flavorful without being overdone. I expect these would also adapt to the oven or stovetop extremely well. (Helpful when it's -12 degrees outside and the grill is buried in snow!)

It always makes me happy to find new recipes - especially healthy ones - that are easy and delicious. If you're in the market for some new ways to take advantage of summer produce, I highly recommend adding these to your list!

No comments:

Post a Comment