Saturday, March 13

What Domesticity Looks Like

I am officially on my 5th day of writing my own schedule, and it is amazing. Arthas has become my shadow, and feels dramatically less unloved now that he doesn't get left behind every time I head for the Jeep.

I was struck yesterday while he napped nearby by how incredibly quiet the world was. No whirring slicers, screeching racks, beeping from six directions, thundering dish machines or general head-splitting din from a cacophony of customer chatter. Nice does not begin to describe it.


I have been able to make progress on/ finish several smaller projects that have been endlessly postponed, like this white eyelet lace runner for the buffet. It's not perfect, as my sewing skills are rusty, but it's bright and springy and protects the piece's nice wood so I was delighted to get it completed.





Possibly my favorite part has been the real food. Homemade pizza with my favorite thrice-risen crust recipe. (The naked half, by the way, is waiting for the "everything" topping still sizzling on the stove while the picture was snapped.) I have not eaten a single flat, hard french toast bagel (my default option at Panera) this week! Between making it to the gym and eating real food, I am not worried about gaining the weight I always joked was easy to keep off running in circles around Panera all day. :0)
Eric will be back from flight school soon, so I'll wrap this up for now. I look forward to posting more on the many blessings I'm living in right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment